Electro-Mechanical Equipment Technician – Winston Salem, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an Equipment Technician in Winston-Salem, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Responsible for preventative maintenance troubleshooting, repair, design, fabrication, installation, and start-up of equipment throughout the plant. Includes machines in all departments as well as automation, electronic controls, and all support equipment.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose for the Maintenance Technician position at the Winston Cable Plant is to minimize machine downtime, increase efficiency, and reduce cost through planned maintenance and prompt response to unplanned maintenance requests on the production equipment used to produce fiber optic cables.
Work Schedule – 7 AM to 7 PM (3 days on 4 days off 4 days on 3 days off) for training for approximately 35- 40 weeks and then move to night shift (7 PM to 7AM).
Must be flexible to work overtime if required.
Must be willing to work in the weekends and holidays if required.
Experience & Education:
Any of the following qualifies
• Two-year associate from an accredited college or a technical degree from a community college
• At least four-years of experience in maintenance at an industrial manufacturing environment with high school diploma or GED
• Perform root cause analysis of breakdowns and implement corrective actions
• Prepare written maintenance instructions, records, and procedures
• Maintain accurate and timely records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), TabWare
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks
• Perform tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor/Coordinator
• Strong and systematic analytical and troubleshooting skills
• In depth understanding of electrical and mechanical principles
• Thorough working knowledge of electrical, mechanical systems
• Experience with LOTO and electrical safety
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
• Experience in the use of hand tools, precision measuring equipment, and machine shop equipment
• Good communication skills
• Accuracy, attention to details, and strong organizational skills
• Ability to react positively to rapidly changing priorities
• Capable of independently managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Demonstrated initiative and an eagerness to drive continuous improvement
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Winston Salem, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.