Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Our Veterans Succeeding in the 21st Century (VS-21) is sober program for veterans providing food and on–site transitional housing while addressing challenges such as unemployment, addiction, mental illness, and homelessness. The goal is to get veterans back into society with the knowledge and resources necessary to function independently. Our program assists homeless veterans with permanent housing, benefits, employment, medical support, financial literacy, social skills and much more while in a transitional housing environment. Location: Downtown Los Angeles (Skid Row)
Responsibilities:The Case Manager responsibilities are summarized as:
- The VS-21 Case Manager provides assistance and linkages for homeless individuals and maintains case load
- Completes weekly case conferencing with Program Manager, and maintains complete and accurate documentation of services in accordance with federal, state, county, and VOALA guidelines
- Meets with clients on a regular basis to establish goals, and action steps towards those goals, and to monitor and assess progress toward achieving housing goals
- Develops and maintains inter-agency and community relationships
- Maintains strict confidentiality of employee, client, company, and vendor data, as well as handling sensitive and critical information with professionalism and discretion
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Must be proficient in record keeping, tracking, maintaining, and reporting statistics according to program guidelines and requirements
- Must have the ability to meet the physical requirements of this position
- U.S. Veteran strongly preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working with veterans, people in recovery and/or homelessness individuals preferred
- Experience working with veterans, people in recovery, and/or homeless individuals preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.