Seeking Tax Manager to join a small CPA firm, servicing a variety of entities and high net worth clients.
Our firm, located in Lake Forest, has a solid reputation in the Accounting community, with our clients, and has a high referral rate. We offer an excellent compensation package with generous benefits, including vacation, retirement, medical, and professional growth. When asked, our staff describes our environment as a friendly, flexible and collaborative environment that promotes respect and teamwork.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation of entity and individual tax returns, including multi-entity and multi-state returns
- Perform high-level tax return review, finding opportunities for improvements in both processes and efficiencies
- Manage staff to promote higher levels of effectiveness, while monitoring chargeability
- Manage aspects of new client processes
- Supervise and review tax planning & projections
- Utilize our consulting tools to provide tax planning, compliance and client growth
- Adheres to firms reporting, and billing processes
- Create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
Minimum job requirements
- BS degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Masters in Taxation or interest in pursuing MST (Company paid benefit)
- 7+ years of recent public accounting tax experience including 2+ years supervising tax engagements
- Ability to research complex tax issues, maintain positive relationships, adapt quickly, juggle multiple projects, clients & priorities, independently
- Sustains communication, organization, leadership, analytical and client service skills
- Utilizes Project Management and Accounting Best Practices to organize and prioritize management tasks and the tasks of staff tax team members.
- Experience in estates and trusts, pass-through entities, multi-state and consolidated tax returns and corporate tax compliance
- Excellent understanding, comprehension and ability to articulate tax and accounting concepts
- Excellent command of the English language
- Maintains excellence in knowledge of Accounting and Tax compliance standards, emerging laws and regulations, and corporate governance requirements and communicates regulatory and legislative tax developments to management and tax team.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.