Financial Services – Ceded Reinsurance Accounting
Everest Global Services, Inc., a member of Everest Re group, Ltd., is seeking a Reinsurance Analyst for its Ceded Reinsurance Accounting department located in its Liberty Corner, NJ headquarters.
This position will report to the Assistant Manager of Ceded Reinsurance Accounting and is responsible for all aspects of ceded reinsurance accounting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Timely preparation of ceded accounts, bordereau production and recording of ceded payable and recoverable amounts.
- Collection and settlement of outstanding balances due to/from the company.
- Reconciliation and analysis of related accounts to the general ledger.
- Review and interpret reinsurance contract and facultative certificate terms (Quota Share, Excess of Loss, aggregates, retentions, inuring coverages, exclusions, etc.).
- Contact with claims and underwriting staff on related issues.
- Assist in the monthly / quarterly close process, including preparation of various quarterly financial analyses.
- Coordination with outside departments to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Maintain positive relationships with and appropriately represent the Company to all reinsurance partners.
- Assist in maintaining Letters of Credit.
- Assist in additional projects as assigned.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate should have a BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or business. A minimum of years of relevant experience in the Reinsurance Accounting Department of a property and casualty reinsurance intermediary, insurance or reinsurance company is preferred.
- Basic understanding of all functions pertaining to ceded reinsurance accounting is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of reinsurance contracts and the ceded reinsurance claim recovery process is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time and be able to multi task in an ever changing environment.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with co-workers, management, and internal/external customers.
- Excellent PC skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (PivotTables & VLOOKUPS) and Access. Knowledge of PeopleSoft is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Self-starter; capable of working both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All considered applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with unexpired, acceptable employment eligibility verification documentation.
Liberty Corner, NJ
Area of Interest
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.