Location: Lancaster, PA Center: HACC – Lancaster Status: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
If you are passionate about making a positive impact during one of the most developmental times in children’s lives, join our team and make a difference! We are committed to working with passionate teachers and investing in your career- both at U-GRO and beyond!
Teachers at U-GRO teach and deliver child care and education services which promote the cognitive, physical, intellectual, social and emotional safety and growth of children under their care! Your responsibilities as a teacher at U-GRO would include areas such as:
- Preparing, evaluating and implementing daily programs and activities within U-GRO’s developmentally based, educational program for your assigned class of children – U-GRO teachers rave about the wonderful support they receive from the curriculum team when it comes to lesson planning, while also being given the freedom and flexibility to get creative!
- Supervising the children entrusted to your care – supervision is defined as the ability to see, hear, assess and direct children.
- Arranging and maintaining a well-ordered classroom environment that is warm, safe and caring for the children.
- Overseeing all mealtime/snack time activities and nap time.
- Communicating with parents on a daily basis – building positive relationships!
- One of the following will be required:
- A High School diploma and at least 2500 hours (= 1+ year) of experience working with children; or
- A Child Development Associate (CDA); or
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Development & Family Studies, Child Development, Special Education or related field.
- Must be 18 years of age and fluent in the English language.
- As mandated by the Department of Human Services, all employees at childcare centers must obtain 3 childcare clearances, and new employees must provide proof of a completed health physical and TB test to begin employment. The TB test and physical must have been completed within 12 months prior to hire. This form and more can be found at the following link: Dept. of Human Services – Childcare Related Forms .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.