The Wyoming Attorney General’s office seeks an attorney to represent the Department of Workforce Services in administrative and court proceedings, including preparation of pleadings, motions and briefs; represent agency clients in administrative and judicial hearings; participate in negotiations, public hearings and business meetings; represent the state in cases on appeal to the Wyoming Supreme Court, and federal trial and appellate courts; conduct legal research and draft and present formal and informal legal opinions; review rules and regulations; review and track legislation to advise governor and clients. Perform other duties assigned to meet the goals and objectives of the Division and Attorneys General’s office, which may include representation of the State in matters before the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and in personal injury and civil rights litigation in state and federal courts. This position will also provide other professional legal representation as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of the Attorney General’s Office.
Human Resource Contact: Kirsten – 307-777-7893 – [email protected]
Allison – 307-777-7130 – [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- The ability to analyze complicated legal and factual issues and present issues clearly in either written or oral form. This position blends strategic counseling, regulatory and legislative analysis, and litigation in a multifaceted role. The applicant should feel comfortable speaking before courts and administrative agencies, writing letters and briefs, and advocating Wyoming’s interests to federal and state officials and to the general public.
- Represent the Division in administrative and court proceedings, including the preparation of pleadings, motions and briefs; advise clients on case, statutes and rules related to legal duties and responsibilities and provide day-to-day legal advice; represent the state in cases appealed to the Wyoming Supreme Court.
- The ability to work independently with agency staff and collaboratively with other members of the Wyoming Attorney General’s agency and other members of Wyoming state government.
Please ensure that you attach the following documents when submitting your state application:
Professional resume – include references
Recent writing sample
Law school transcript
Please review your application for completeness and accuracy. Only complete applications will be reviewed
- Familiarity with and conversant with the American Medical Association’s Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment and the utilization of functional capacity evaluations and loss of earnings capacity evaluations. Referrals of claimants for medical examinations shall be made only following specific authorization by the supervisor.
- Understanding of and experience with Wyoming worker’s compensation and unemployment regulations.
- Experience in administrative law; preparing, reviewing and implementing administrative orders.
- If you are currently familiar with Worker’s Compensation law, please apply. If you are not, we still want you to apply and we will work with you to ensure that you have the knowledge you need to succeed.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.