The primary purpose of the Linen Distribution Technician position is to ensure daily responsibilities are completed in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Take direction from the Linen Distribution Manager (LDM) and complete duties and expectations in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Working the assigned schedule without delay, tardiness, or absenteeism;
- Completing assigned job duties including delivering of clean linen in a neat and orderly fashion, collection and transportation of soiled linen, accurate recording inventories and quantities of linen, and organizing and cleaning the linen storage areas in accordance with Crown policies and procedures and specific instruction from the LDM;
- Receiving customer calls for service, recording the nature of the call, and satisfying the requests of the call in a timely and professional manner in accordance with Crown policies and procedures and specific instruction from the LDM;
- Observe, record, and report to the LDM any instances of linen abuse and poor utilization.
- Manage linen inventory levels.
- Inventory exchange carts and build back to prescribed par levels. Transport carts to designated areas in a safe manner.
- Inventory top-off carts and build back to prescribed par levels.
- Record data utilizing the appropriate method (i.e. tablets, order sheets)
- Collect soiled linen and transport to soiled linen storage room.
- Maintain the linen room in a neat and orderly fashion.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Any other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Must be willing and able to work with both clean and soiled linen in accordance with Crown policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-first attitude
- Comfortable in a team-based environment
- The incumbent must consistently display a positive company outlook and an energetic style.
DECISION MAKING ACCOUNTABILITY
This position’s decision-making influence includes, but is not limited to:
- Quantities and schedule of linen to be delivered to the customer.
Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening as well as any vaccine requirements or non-vaccine attestations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Linen Distribution Technician position is an active and physically demanding position. The incumbent can expect to:
- Walk 3-5 miles per day at the healthcare facility;
- Load/unload linen from transportation devices by reaching, bending, and lifting up to 10 pound individual bundles;
- Push/pull linen transportation devices, which may include carts that require up to 70 pounds push/pull displaced weight;
- Encounter, and be expected to safely handle, soiled healthcare textiles;
- Be able to fulfill the job duties of any other position on their shift in the event of absenteeism by other team members.
Click Here To Apply