- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology pertinent to procedures being performed in Interventional Radiology (IR) including, but not limited to, arteriograms for cerebral, renal, mesenteric, pelvic and extremity circulation (possible angioplasty/stent placement/thrombolytic therapy/embolization); percutaneous gastrostomy tube procedures; percutaneous nephrostomy and urologic stenting procedures; venous access procedures; venography of the extremities; inferior and superior vena cava (possible angioplasty/stent placement/filter placement/thrombolytic therapy); percutaneous cholangiogram (possible balloon dilation/stent placement/drainage catheter placement/stone extraction); transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt; adrenal vein sampling; and endovascular repair of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Capable of providing patient/family education regarding Interventional Radiology procedures.
- Performs nursing assessment when evaluating and preparing patients for procedures in Interventional Radiology.
- Demonstrates competency in initiation/discontinuation of intravenous access including peripheral IV starts and subcutaneous port utilization.
- Demonstrates competency in the administration of moderate sedation and patient monitoring pre-, intra-, and post-procedure.
- Provides safe patient care by assisting with patient transfers and demonstrates proper positioning of patients presenting for diagnostic and/or interventional procedures.
- Assists physician with sterile procedures, complies with Universal Precautions and Infection Control policies
- Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam.
- Is willing to work in fast paced, critical care environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Maintains readiness of IR admitting/recovery area and procedural areas by performing routine checks on equipment and maintaining par levels for products used in IR. Promptly reports any concerns or deficiencies to biomed/supervisor/management.
- Participates in quality improvement and activities to meet patient satisfaction goals.
- Attends departmental meetings, interacts with other members of the team in a professional manner, and works with team to meet productivity standards.
- Participates in on-call rotation, responding within 30 minutes for all callbacks
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the needs of the patients are met and to support daily operations in Interventional Radiology.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
3/15/2023 1:32:53 PM