Founded in 1955 Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services including the Leavey Cancer Center a cardiovascular center stroke center the Center for Assault Treatment Services a pediatric medical center and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care we share a rich Legacy with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9000 physicians 62000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Microbiology- Clinical Laboratory Services
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Microbiology to join our team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of laboratory tests and procedures, interpret results, and ensure accuracy and precision of test results. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Microbiology may perform in a lead role as determined by competency assessment for high complexity testing according to 42 CFR 493.1463 which is accountable for overseeing and monitoring the work performances of licensed (clinical laboratory scientists) and non-licensed personnel (laboratory assistants and laboratory technicians).
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratories established corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratories established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the technical consultant, clinical consultant or director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratories established performance specifications.
- Minimum one year of experience in an acute care facility required.
- B.A./B.S. required
- Continuing education lectures and courses to keep knowledge current as required.
- Required training in Hematology Chemistry Blood Bank Microbiology Immunology and Serology as applicable.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required. (CLS Lic)
- California Clinical Immunohematologist Scientist License.
- California Clinical Microbiologist Scientist License are required and ASCP registry preferred
- Los Angeles County Fire Card required (obtain 90 days from start date).
- For direct patient care AHA BLS certification is required for CLS drawing blood donors only.
- Windows Operating System.
- Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel helpful.
$44.63 – $64.72/hour
Northridge, CA, United States of America
$44.63 – $64.72/hour
3/15/2023 1:32:56 PM