Northeast Georgia Medical Centerâ€ s Internal Medicine Residency Program seeks both aspiring and experienced educators to join our team! Â Our growing IM GME program currently consists of 60 residents, (20 per program year). In addition to Internal Medicine, we have General Surgery and Family Medicine residency programs with accreditation to begin Emergency Medicine, OB/GYN, and Psychiatry programs in 2022.Â NGMC is slated to become the third largest GME program in the State of Georgia.Â Â We are looking for Board Certified physician leaders to join our faculty and help expand our GME Internal Medicine program.
Are you ready to join our elite team?
We are looking for physicians who are passionate about teaching the next generation of physician leaders who bring creativity, positivity, and a sense of purpose to their daily work. Great candidates should possess excellent teaching, mentoring, and communication skills; and have an interest in scholarly activities (like quality improvement, publishing and presenting, and/or research) as well as role model lifelong learning.
Do you have what it takes?
- Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician
- Graduation from accredited allopathic (MD) or osteopathic (DO) medical School
- Minimum of one year post residency experience preferred
- Functions well in a team environment, contributing to and supporting organizational goals and initiatives
- Desire to be part of a growing GME program
- Ability to obtain licensure in the state of Georgia
- Outpatient only
- Monday through Friday
- No weekend clinic
- Rotating telephone call only
- Clinic location: Â Gainesville with occasional coverage in Braselton
- Growing GME program: Program started in 2019 with 20 residents per program year
- Work with experienced team of Core faculty providers
- Supervise residents 5 days per week
- Brand new facilities with state-of-the-art educational technologies
- Incredible community and state support for the program
GME Faculty must have requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and clinical experience acceptable to the Review committee, which includes:
- Active clinical participation in Internal Medicine; preferable to have educational and clinical experience as a member of a Internal Medicine residency program prior to appointment
- Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas
- Current certification by ABMS specialty board from the core specialty and any subspecialty boards as require by the ACGME, Equivalent educational qualifications may be acceptable by the IM Review Committee of the ACGME.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC-Gainesville) is a 557-bed Level II Trauma Center, providing a wide array of healthcare services to a patient service area of 1.3 million residents, complemented by a medical staff of over 700+ members that represent a vast range of primary care and sub-specialty physicians.
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent CompensationÂ and Benefits package
- Malpractice CoverageÂ Provided
- NGHS is aÂ Teaching HospitalÂ with a growing GME programÂ
- Opportunity for Clinical Faculty status with two medical schools.
- Americaâ€ sÂ 50 Best HospitalsÂ â€ Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years asÂ Georgiaâ€ s #1 HospitalÂ for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, womenâ€ s care and more
- Thriving economy and low cost of living
- EndlessÂ Outdoor ActivitiesÂ including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake LanierÂ Â
- Short CommuteÂ only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia MountainsÂ
Gainesville, GA, United States of America
11/24/2022 7:02:07 AM