Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic hospital team, while having the support and resources to push yourself?
VCA Veterinary Care Animal Hospital & Referral Center, or just VCA VetCare to our friends, is located 5,312 feet above sea level* in beautiful, fun, and (if you ask us) highly underrated Albuquerque, New Mexico. Vet Care is the only hybrid hospital in New Mexico, with endless opportunities to learn and grow!
What will you achieve as a surgery technician?
Are you ready to take your anesthesia skills to the next level? Do you want the opportunity to work alongside experienced and knowledgeable technicians and doctors while gaining skills in operating a ventilator for a lung lobectomy or placing central lines for the most critical hemoabdomen? What about performing epidurals and placing arterial lines? Would you appreciate the chance to learn and grow while you provide the highest medical care and pain management to our patients? Maybe you have even considered pursuing a VTS in anesthesia? This. Is. The. Place! Our Specialty Surgery Service is currently hiring experienced technicians, with a minimum of 2 years anesthesia experience, to join their team!
Why Join the VCA Vet Care Team?
We are passionate about supporting our Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants, and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. VCA Vet Care is a member of a larger community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a Veterinary Technician career has to offer. We are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. In addition, we support a work environment where you can focus on your career, happiness, and the patients you serve. Below are some of the many benefits of joining our team!
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- VCA issued Winks© Scrubs
- Leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Continuing education allowance
- Tuition support and sponsorships
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- Free mental health through Lyra (minimum of 12 free therapy sessions per year)
- Mental wellness subscriptions through Head Space for meditation
- Referral bonuses
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous pet care discounts
- Life, long and short-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albuquerque, NM 87111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Veterinary experience: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply