Pharmacy Technician – 1st and 2nd Shift
Broughton Hospital is currently recruiting for
positions for our
2nd shifts. The primary purpose of these positions is to provide technical services in the dispensing area of the Pharmacy Department at Broughton Hospital. Daily activities include, but are not limited to: Preparing, transporting, and refilling/restocking medications in automated dispensing cabinets; operating the pharmacy supply carousel; operating and refilling unit dose packaging equipment; using the pharmacy information system to refill medications and update patient electronic profiles; and preparing sterile/non-sterile compounded items. All work prepared by the Pharmacy Technician is checked by a Licensed Pharmacist before delivery to patient care areas. Individuals working in these positions will interface with patients and hospital staff daily. The ideal candidate for this position will work well with others, model excellent customer service skills whether in person or in telephone interactions, work efficiently under pressure, and meet deadlines.
There are 2 Positions Available with Different Schedules:
*This position is designated
Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events*
- Selecting correct medication and quantities to prepare medications using dispensing tickets and medication fill lists, adding correct auxiliary labeling as needed.
- Preparing medication from reports generated from automated dispensing cabinet equipment via the central pharmacy carousel.
- Preparing sterile/non-sterile compounded products using aseptic technique.
- Completing medication storage area inspections on monthly basis (central pharmacy and patient care units).
- Adherence of NC Board of Pharmacy regulations and customer service standards as well as complying with The Joint Commission and CMS standards.
- Using standard computer programs (i.e., Word, Excel) for documentation.
- Balancing workload for various areas of responsibility (clinical and distributive).
- Maintaining positive working relationships with nursing and other hospital staff.
- Using pharmacy related equipment (i.e., packaging machine, automated dispensing cabinet technology, pharmacy supply carousel).
- Serving on hospital committees when appointed.
- Transporting medications to patient care area in a safe and secure manner. Must have Valid NC Driver’s license for pick-up from local pharmacy if needed.
About the Facility:
Broughton Hospital operates 382 beds and is one of the three regional psychiatric hospitals with statutory responsibility for operating as part of the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities (DSOHF). With the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, we provide help and support to North Carolinians, and their families, experiencing mental illness. Our hospital serves the western thirty-seven (37) counties of North Carolina, as part of the state’s system of care and treatment for persons with mental illness.
Salary Grade: MH03
Recruitment Range: $31,200 – $46,372
Position(s): 60044983 and 60044992
To receive credit for all your work history and credentials, you must list the information in the
“Work Experience” section of your NC State application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they clearly possess the following:
- Experience providing technical skills in a pharmacy setting (i.e., preparing medication for dispensing)
- Registration with the NCBOP as a Pharmacy Technician
Management Prefers candidates with the following:
- Holds a current Pharmacy Technician Certification
- One or more years of Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Proficiency operating pharmacy automation systems
Completion of an accredited nine-month Pharmacy Technician program;
High school diploma or General Educational Development diploma
and one year of pharmacy-related experience;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some positions may require certification as a Pharmacy Technician
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
Click Here To Apply