Safe Home Program Manager
Provide leadership in creating and maintaining a safe and supportive culture and climate for youth
ages 11-17 who are residing in a youth crisis shelter, called the Safe Home. The Program Managers
will work as a team with Safe Home staff to build an engaging and supportive environment for young
people to learn, grow and reside. Program Managers will build and develop a team that
communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with each other to support a healthy community for
young people. Develop relationships with community partners that support a continuum of care for
young people who are involved in protective services, juvenile justice and those who have runaway
or on the streets.
- Build a team approach with Youth Empowerment Specialists (YES) that supports the milieu and helps maintain consistency across shifts.
- Model appropriate interactions with youth for staff, that are grounded in the Safe Home core principles of Positive Youth Development, The Nurtured Heart Approach and Trauma Informed Practices.
- Provide on-going coaching to staff in applying all models.
- Address staff and youth concerns in an efficient and effective manner.
- Work a flexible full-time schedule including weekdays, weekends, mornings, evenings, and some holidays to meet program needs.
- Provide on the job training on a regular basis to model appropriate and effective interventions for youth.
- Ensure core values are utilized in working with youth and making decisions.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment that meets all licensing requirements.
- Participate in client-centered team meetings and discharge planning.
- Track data and develop reports for the Director of Housing, Director of Training and Impact, Chief Program Officer, and Chief Executive Officer
- Associate, Bachelor or master’s degree in social services, education, or another related field
- Supervisory experience, 2-5 years preferred
- Experience working with youth that have experienced homelessness, trauma, and/or system involvement, 3-5 years preferred.
- Must be able to pass comprehensive criminal, sexual offender, MVD background checks.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and maintain state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Must be fully vaccinated (including booster) against Covid-19 or willing to get vaccinated.
Full-time employee benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albuquerque, NM 87108: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply