Full Time Medical Coding Specialist
Be a part of something special.
The Hill at Whitemarsh is currently seeking a full time medical coding specialist to join our dynamic team working for an upscale Suburban Retirement Living Community! The Medical Coding Specialist is responsible for abstracting and coding diagnosis information and/or medical conditions within the RNAC office. The Specialist will receive and review medical records and document ICD-10 codes under the supervision of the facility RNAC and department-defined criteria and guidelines.
The people who work at The Hill at Whitemarsh are special, passionate, compassionate, and dedicated. Of course, they like the competitive pay and great benefits, but more importantly, they find meaning in providing the kind of care and service that makes the lives of our residents better every day. EOE:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Required ICD-10 proficiency validation.
- Required 1-year hands-on production abstracting or auditing medical records for diagnosis/medical condition coding.
- Required to conduct managed care updates to insurance companies as required under the supervision of the facility RNAC.
- As the Medical Coding Specialist, you will determine and record the correct medical codes for all treatments and health services under the supervision of the facility RNAC.
The successful Medical Coding candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Required to be certified by AAPC or AHIMA
- Required successful completion of at least one AHIMA or AAPC certification program with achievement correlating professional credentials.
- Experience within long-term care is preferred
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory and policy compliance issues regarding medical coding/ billing and documentation
- Compassionate with positive attitude
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills
- Stellar customer service skills
- Current certification in good standing
Here is just some of the benefits of coming to work for The Hill at Whitemarsh: Paid time off Medical/Dental/Vision care
- Company paid Life insurance and Long-term & Short-Term disability insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Yearly evaluations and pay increases
- Wellness Program
- Stay Bonus
You take care of our residents. We take care you.www.thehillatwhitemarsh.orgKeywords: medical coding, coding. ICD-10, RNAC, AHIMA, AAPC, Professional coders, medical billing, skilled nursing, long term care, medical records coder
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lafayette Hill, PA 19444: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply