TrueLife Recovery is a youth outpatient substance abuse and co-occurring treatment program that is part of North County Lifeline. The TrueLife Recovery Therapist provides individual and family therapy to youth ages 12-17 who are participating in substance abuse services. Therapy is delivered a strength-based, client-driven manner that enables the family to support the youth’s success in recovery. The therapist may also provide substance abuse and psychoeducational groups encompassing a variety of topics related to life domains, relapse prevention strategies and coping skills. The therapist will receive individual and group supervision and associates earn hours towards BBS licensure. Come join a multi-disciplinary team in a stable and well-respected social service agency, working with youth and families to help them live better lives!
Required Education and Experience
Licensed LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or registered AMFT/ACSW/APCC. Must possess knowledge of and experience in substance abuse assessment and counseling including possessing at least 1 year experience working with co-occurring and/or substance abuse services. Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred. . Demonstrated training, and experience in Cognitive Behavioral Interventions, DBT, Seeking Safety, or TF-CBT Approach highly desired
Be able to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Possesses advanced knowledge that is primarily intellectual in character and includes exercising discretion and independent judgment
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
- · Provides screening for new clients with co-occurring mental health disorders and determines medical necessity.
- · Provides holistic client assessment through the use of approved SUD assessment tools (training provided).
- · Provides individual, family and group therapy to support the youth in recovery.
- · Works closely with SUD Counselors to provide quality care and individualized treatment plans.
- · Provides family violence education, discussion groups, and assists families with referrals if needed.
- · Provides Tobacco Cessation education and nicotine testing to clients needing these services as indicated on their individual Treatment Plans, and assists with referrals if needed.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills. EOE
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
Non-exempt, Full-time, 40 hours a week- Monday – Friday- Flexible hours (may include evenings and weekends)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 – $66,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
P&P in place. Masks required for all employees and clients. Up to date vaccination required; accommodations upon request.
- Master’s (Required)
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- AMFT, APCC, ACSW, LMFT, LPCC, LCSW (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply