Looking for energetic, customer-service oriented, dependable person to answer phones and schedule appointments for busy orthopedics office. Verifies patient demographics, enters data in EMR, collects copayments and coinsurance as needed.
Must have electronic health system (EMR) experience and Microsoft Office skills. Prefer 2-4 years medical office experience.
1. Responsible for ensuring that all calls are handled in a timely, courteous manner by answering incoming calls from healthcare providers and patients while ensuring a high level of professionalism and phone etiquette i.e. projects patience, empathy, caring and sincerity in voice tone/words
2. Promptly identifies the need of the caller
3. Verifies patient demographic and insurance information and updates any patient demographic/insurance information
4. Quickly identifies the patient’s problem and appoints patient with appropriate provider
5. Reschedules patients as needed to accommodate clinic schedules and assist referral physicians and other healthcare providers with information and appropriate resources to address their needs in a timely manner.
6. Uses appropriate judgment and decision-making in the appointment process.
7. Clearly communicates triage needs to clinical teams via tasking. Expedites urgent medical needs per protocols
8. Ensures the average call monitoring score meets or exceeds quality standards
9. Processes and appoints fax and online referrals from referring physician groups in a timely and accurate manner
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All patients and staff required to wear mask at all times following CDC guidance in healthcare facilities.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Medical scheduling: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply