Title: Respiratory Therapist
Job Type: Contract
Location: Norfolk, VA 23502
Performs respiratory care related procedures in accordance with physician’s treatment plan. Assesses patient’s condition, administers prescribed therapy and aerosolized medications, observes and records patient’s progress and response to therapy modalities including adverse reactions to drugs and therapy. Also provides in-service training to residents, family members, and facility staff.
1. Performs assessment of resident’s cardiopulmonary status utilizing physical assessment and history taking skills, laboratory findings, and radiological studies of the chest, pulmonary function testing and professional judgment to formulate a respiratory care plan upon the order of a physician.
2. Initiates, administers, evaluates response to, and documents all therapy modalities according to departmental procedure and ordered by a physician including: intermittent positive pressure breathing, hand held nebulizer, chest physical therapy modalities, including percussion, vibration, breathing and cough retraining exercises, deep tracheal suctioning, incentive spirometry, sputum induction.
3. Initiates, monitors and maintains life support systems for residents in the skilled nursing facility, including airway care and maintenance, managing artificial ventilator status, maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical ventilators.
4. Initiates, monitors and documents performance of various respiratory care modalities.
5. Administers proper technical respiratory care procedures including dispensing of proper dosage of medication and equipment/devices.
6. Inspects and tests equipment, disassembles, cleans, reassembles equipment as required. Maintains adequate supply of necessary equipment. Performs accurate record keeping, including logs for oxygen, supplies and equipment. Disposes of equipment properly.
Specific educational/vocational Requirements:
1. Hold a degree from a NBRC approved and accredited program.
2. One year of clinical respiratory therapy practice under medical direction.
3. Current State Licensure for a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
4. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Up to $60.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Must be Covid-19 Vaccinated
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Norfolk, VA 23502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- RRT (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RCP License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply