WNY Coordinated Medical Care PC
Nurse Care Manager (RN)
Combination of remote and travel
We are a team of committed clinicians and healthcare leaders passionate about transforming the delivery of care for the chronically complex.
We meet the patients where they are within the continuum of serious and complex illness; we provide the right level of care at the right point in time. This includes health risk assessments, transitions of care, complex and chronic disease management, and palliative care.
About the role:
We are looking for a Nurse Care Manager to use clinical nursing knowledge, physical assessment, and procedural skills to deliver high quality patient care both telephonically and in the patient’s place of residence. The Care Manager coordinates and delivers patient care with their Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant partner and the other members of the multi-disciplinary team. The team works under the direction of the Physician Team Leader as established in the individualized proactive patient care plan that is consistent with clinical best practices and results in high quality, improved outcomes and exceptional patient experience. This position will report to Clinical Supervisor.
- Perform initial and comprehensive assessment on all patients upon home visits and assumes responsibility for an ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient
- Performs nursing assessment at each visit, including a medical record review when applicable
- Documents current advance care directive status and ongoing efforts to reconcile patient/caregiver goals with the current clinical status
- Engages with families/responsible parties to collaborate on plan of care and discussion of the ongoing management of the patient’s condition
- Modifies and updates plan of care to reflect progress toward outcomes
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time/travel entries
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- After hour telephone on-call coverage with other licensed providers on the team.
- Other job related duties as required.
- Current, unrestricted NY State RN license
- One year of clinical nursing experience required
- Experience in home-based care preferred
- Prior clinical experience in palliative care, end of life, hospice, oncology, ICU, geriatrics is preferred
- Basic knowledge of current, frequently used medications, including modes of administration, actions and side effects
- Knowledge and ability and the necessary skill and judgement to perform all nursing procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards and regulations for the clinical field
- Current CPR certification
- Proficient in MS Office and patient management software.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, WNY Coordinated Medical Care PD and its affiliates will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- License reimbursement
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply