Home Health Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services, and teaching families.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Advises on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Home Health Aide Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Nursing Skills
- Health care administration
- Patient services
- Verbal communication
- Emotional control
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Any state-mandated certification
- Minimum 1+ year(s) professional or personal experience supporting individuals with disabilities, mental illnesses, or challenging behaviors
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years
- Must be over 21 years old
- How many years of home health aide experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Detroit, MI 48227?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver?
- Do you have the following license or certification: HHA ?
- Do you speak English?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which shifts are you available to work?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- Which days of the week are you available to work this job?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Multiple locations
Nurse Patient Ratio:
- Home health
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- Do you have a Medicare certified Home Healthcare aide certification?
- Home health: 1 year (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Required)
- HHA (Required)
- Certified Home Health Aide (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply