The Medical Exercise Specialist (MES) will be working with the Medical Fitness Services (i.e. Yoga, Rocksteady Boxing, Baby Boomer Fight Club, BeSteady – Fall Prevention, Sports Enhancement, CancerFit). Duties include covering the current and new Medical Fitness Programs, including those that involve other disciplines. Primary responsibilities will be to perform as a yoga instructor, develop/implement yoga classes, perform as a boxing coach, develop/implement boxing workouts, preparation of equipment and boxing areas, cover at outreach locations, disinfection and cleaning of exercise areas.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities that are assigned by the Medical Fitness Manager.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of a certified yoga instructor
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of a boxing coach.
- Development and instruction of daily workouts for the different boxing programs
- Communication with the boxers and other coaches regarding the goals of the workout and explanation of the program
- Ability to recognize and help boxers in need by demonstrating proper form
- Able to provide appropriate first aid when required, including CPR
- Cleaning and upkeep of equipment used in the exercise areas
- Provide coverage at outreach locations (Eaton, Connersville, and Oxford).
- Knowledgeable of and participates in QA&I activities.
- Assist in promotion and marketing of MF Services.
- Keep the Medical Fitness Manager informed of pertinent departmental occurrences and informs Medical Fitness Manager of department needs.
The primary role for this position is to serve as a Certified Yoga Instructor
Education Required: BS degree in exercise science, kinesiology, health/physical education, sports medicine, or other related degree/specialty.
Experience Required: some experience in sports, exercise, or geriatric population
Experience Preferred: two plus years of experience in boxing, sports enhancement, fitness and/or geriatric exercise.
Experience of working with wide range of individuals. (50+ population as well as middle school to college age student athletes.)
Experience creating specific workouts for individuals with specific health issues (Cancer, Parkinson’s disease, etc.)
Certifications: CPR/AED American Heart Association Certification
Must have or be eligible for the Rock Steady Boxing Coaches certification.
Must have 200 HR RYT (registered yoga teacher)
Certifications Preferred: Certified Personal Trainer
Schedule Details: Full Time. 4o hours weekly. Hourly
Click Here To Apply