Why Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers? Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers was founded in 1993 by Dr. Parvinderjit Khanuja. Over almost three decades, Ironwood has grown throughout metro Phoenix area. Today Ironwood has 16 locations including 5 comprehensive cancer centers, a multi-specialty oncology network of over 100 providers, a robust Integrative Services program, a dedicated research department, and a growing Women’s oncology program. With over 700 employees our mission is Compassion through Kindness. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, collaboration, accountability, and empathy.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are looking for a full-time, admixture-experienced Pharmacy Technicians for our West Valley offices. The Pharmacy Tech is responsible for performing the technical, nonjudgmental aspects of medication preparation, distribution, record keeping, and inventory control. Tasks are subject to sequential or final verification by a Registered Nurse, Pharmacist, or Physician. This is a daytime, Monday – Friday Position and will float between our West Valley locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks all orders for completeness of information; verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
- Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs.
- Cleans hood daily and in between I.V. admixing. Checks drugs monthly for outdates. Keep accurate temperature logs. Keeps accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs. Maintains proper control documentation of medications including lot numbers.
- Assists with inventory control of medications. Orders supplies and medications. Receives and shelves medications. Ensures that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments. Maintain inventory records. Conduct inventory counts weekly.
- Travel between all locations may be necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of and understanding of aseptic techniques and procedures and ability to demonstrate such.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and related medical terminology.
- Knowledge of metric and apothecary systems of weight and measurements. Proficient mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of medical safety standards to assist in manufacturing and working with pharmaceutical substances.
- Knowledge of medications and the dispensing function to check for correctness.
- Ability to read and interpret prescription information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Diploma Program/Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician training program. Prefer National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board accreditation.
- A minimum of one year pharmacy experience with background in preparations of IV admixtures and sterile compounding.
- Oncology experience preferred.
- Inventory control, purchasing, contracts, automated dispensing equipment and dispensing software experiences preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a caring work environment. We are an E.O.E.
Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. “Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time”
Click Here To Apply