Requisition #: 566304
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Brandywine, MD 20613
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 – 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 4, 2022
When you join Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, you join a culture that values working collaboratively with others who are at the top of their discipline. Johns Hopkins Home Care Group’s mission to provide integrated and high quality, individualized care to patients and families in the home and community has never been more important.
Location: Prince Georges County/Waldorf/DC
Provides direct patient care or teaches caregivers and/or patients how to do their own care when appropriate usually in the setting of the patient’s home. This position requires a pediatric nurse with strong clinical skills and attributes in the following areas:
- Care and use of CVADs including dressing changes involving removal and replacement of securement devices
- Placement of peripheral lines in school-aged children through young adulthood
- Administration of infusions of Biologics, Chemotherapy, PN, and Antibiotics
- Enteral care for all types of tubes (GT, NG, ND, GJ, etc.)
- Experience working with infants with complex care needs (O2 dependency, ostomies, apnea monitors, short-gut, PN dependent, cardiac anomalies, genetic syndromes, etc.)
- General wound care knowledge and ability to learn how to do negative pressure wound therapy (wound VAC)
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and work well with IT
- Willingness to travel up to 100 miles a day to care for patients by vehicle
- Current licensure as RN in Maryland & in the District of Columbia
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Maryland drivers’ license and current auto insurance, working vehicle; agree to comply with Maryland & DC law for mandatory seat belt use
- Accredited Nursing School graduate
- BSN preferred or matriculating to a BSN degree or higher within 2 years of hire
- Three-years pediatric nursing experience, preferably experience working in the PICU, NICU, or ED.
- Home care experience preferred
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Health System has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Click Here To Apply