Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required. Includes advanced practice nurses such as: nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, certified nurse midwives, and certified registered nurse anesthetists. Advanced practice nursing is practiced by RNs who have specialized formal, post-basic education and who function in highly autonomous and specialized roles.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing or health care personnel.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members and physician to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and childbirth, and develop health improvement programs.
- Assess the needs of individuals, families or communities, including assessment of individuals’ home or work environments to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Inform physician of patient’s condition.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Applied Learning – Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Empathetic – Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university)
Experience: One to two years related experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
Certificates & Licenses: Valid RN license, CPR Certification
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- RN (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply