Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach, and work for justice.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is currently seeking an Art Therapist who provides art therapy to the clients/residents of My Sister’s Place Women Center to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional health of these clients/residents.
Open since 1982, My Sister’s Place Women’s Center is Baltimore City’s longest-serving women’s day shelter and resource center for women and children experiencing homelessness and poverty. We empower those we serve to overcome their situations through our services, which include extensive workshops centered on the 8 realms of wellness: emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, environmental, financial, occupational, and social wellness.
Schedule: 20 hours a week, Monday-Friday
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement therapeutic art groups and activities designed to address the psychological needs of clients/residents.
- Facilitate group and individual art therapy sessions for clients/residents.
- Document progress of clients/residents and their response to intervention in progress notes
- Maintain communication with Caseworkers, report progress of clients/residents and share clinical impressions
- Develop outcome evaluation tool to determine effectiveness of art therapy program.
- Establish behavioral limits and maintain order within the art studio/workroom to promote an effective learning and therapeutic environment.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Art Therapy or related field and one year of internship or work experience in providing therapeutic art therapy.
- Receive license by the Board of Professional Therapists and Counselors.
REQUIREMENTS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of adults who are homeless, experience behavioral health challenges, and vulnerable.
- The ability to exercise good judgment and function as a member of a team.
- The ability to intervene between two or more persons in a non-violent manner.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form; impart information to others using adult methods of instruction;
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Hearing and vision abilities within normal range (corrected) to drive safely and to observe and communicate with others.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Catholic Charities’ policy requires employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, which includes a process for requesting exemption.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
- Vacation/sick/holiday pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing, and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer
Click Here To Apply