The Private Equity or Real Estate tax manager focuses on tax review and compliance for private equity, venture and real estate funds, and will participate in reviewing the work of and managing tax return compliance groups by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving staffing issues.
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service. Team with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
- Determine all information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance products within the budget. Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information. Determine areas of exposure and adapt to challenges in the compliance process.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback, on-the-job training, and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Keep team members informed of work status.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field and approximately 5+ years of PE tax-related work experience
- An advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable
- CPA certification, Enrolled Agent, or JD
- Big 4 experience a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of Alternative Investment Fund tax experience or equivalent experience in business or the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles
- Knowledge of foreign reporting requirements
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and some exposure to state and local tax
- Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Some travel may be required
Locations: Boston, NYC, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Stamford CT, Cape Cod
Click Here To Apply