Wills Eye Hospital, Cornea Practice
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Part-time (24 hours per week)
- The Surgical Scheduler performs a variety of administrative support duties related to patient care, including scheduling surgical procedures, gathering and distributing information for patient collections and billing, and registration. Additionally, this position requires working patiently, efficiently and accurately to ensure a positive patient experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately completes patient registrations in an efficient, professional, and customer-oriented manner.
- Records patient demographic information into scheduling system and ensures times, procedures, and surgeons names are complete and accurate.
- Gathers and reviews all relevant data, including insurance cards and documents, to ensure correct reimbursement is obtained for center?s services.
- Coordinates daily OR schedule as directed by service administrator/manager.
- Responds to phone calls from patients, physicians, medical staff and peers and determines the urgency of the situation and then suggests appropriate referrals, based on work flow.
- Observes policy & procedures to protect patients privacy & rights as a patient in compliance with HIPAA & all relevant laws, regulations, & standards.
- Uses good judgment & initiative, communicates effectively, & adapts to variations in workloads, assignments, & inter-personal situations as needed.
- Formulates and maintains effective working relationships with peers and management and functions as an effective team member.
- Respects and protects the patients? rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for professional purposes which are in the patients? best interest with full consideration of their legal rights.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Click Here To Apply