Nova Health Therapies is a healthcare based organization delivering services and staff to students with special needs, placed in educational institutions such as public and charter schools.
We are looking for school counselors for a public school district program in the San Diego area.
In accordance with the Standards for the Counselor Profession, counselors work under the supervision of site or central office administrators and in collaboration with their school staff, families and community and are responsible for the
fulfillment of the essential duties set forth below:
GUIDANCE PROGRAM DELIVERY
1. Implements school counseling and guidance program curriculum: conduct counseling and guidance learning activities in the classroom for each grade level during the year in collaboration with the teaching staff.
2. Participates in activities which contribute to the effective delivery of educational services: cooperate and collaborate with other professionals in enhancing the education of students; establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and administrators; communicate with administrators, teachers and staff, students, parents, and the community regarding the counseling and guidance program and its role in the educational program.
3. Articulates with elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as post-secondary personnel to assist students in making a smooth transition between each.
4. Confers with parents and assists them with problems and decisions which relate directly to the educational welfare of their child.
1. Advises students in developing appropriate course choices based on long range plans of study and identified career interests.
2. Works with teachers, the Guidance Team and parents in effectuating remediation plans for students with attendance, behavior and learning problems.
3. Reviews, evaluates, and maintains students’ academic records.
1. Collects, coordinates, interprets and disseminates meaningful information about students which leads to the collaboration with other professionals to address students’ individual needs and special abilities.
2. Uses tools and techniques to appraise and assess the abilities, achievements, personal development and interests of students.
3. Collaborates with administrators and teachers to handle behavior issues by developing and implementing behavior support plans for students; incorporates guidance lessons that address repetitive behavioral issues: respecting authority, anger management and bullying.
1. Guides students in developing present and future educational and career plans; interprets assessments to assist students in career and educational planning; guides students in developing career and educational plans through teaching and/or supervision of career development activities.
2. Coordinates opportunities and identifies students to participate in visits to college campuses, vocational institutions and the like
Masters degree and licensure as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or School Psychologists with PPS credential in Counselling or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $50.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All COVID-19 precautions are being followed.
Work Location: On the road