The Prosthodontics Clinic at Tufts Dental School specializes in the complete restoration of the teeth and smile of patients, with a commitment to both functionality and appearance.
The postgraduate operations team supports the clinical and education efforts within the postgraduate departments across the School. The postgraduate operations staff provides courteous, professional and effective support services and are committed to providing patients, residents and faculty with information, guidance, and quality service to contribute to a successful dental clinic experience. This includes maintaining a safe environment, assuring that patients’ dental needs are addressed in a caring, confidential, timely and thorough manner that patients are informed about their treatment and clinic procedures, and those patients’ finances are handled accurately and efficiently.
What You’ll Do:
Under limited supervision of the Practice Manager, the Patient Registration Coordinator provides office administration duties and excellent customer service to patients.
- Greet patients and respond to all patient, provider, and insurance inquiries (in-person, phone, email)
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments to maximize clinic space
- Enter approved patient treatment plans into the patient care system
- Input and/or verify patient information; collect demographic info; obtains consents
- Perform financial functions (collects payment in point of service, makes adjustments to patient accounts)
- Verify insurance eligibility and coordinate prior approval process
- Access and maintain patient electronic health records, including scanning in supplemental documents
- Work with insurance companies to process insurance authorizations
- Review financial responsibility with patients
- Prepare daily deposits
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a High school degree/equivalency and 1+ years of job related experience
- In depth knowledge of dental/medical software codes, Microsoft Office and dental terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of and proficiency with sterile technique and assisting various specialties. Sound knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA compliance regarding infection control, blood borne pathogens, sterilization, and radiology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will allow clear and business-like conversation with patients, students, residents, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Should be well organized with a keen attention to detail
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Click Here To Apply