Technologist Medical I (Molecular)
Must be ASCP Certified.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Follow department’s procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
- If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
- Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
- Maintain general appearance of the department.
- Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates.
- Review/train on new procedures.
- Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990.
- Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation).
- United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
- 1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
- Must interact with other departments.
- Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
- Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 – $39.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Clinical experience (high complexity testing): 1 year (Preferred)
- ASCP Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply