Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Benefit Advocate will enroll, refer and/or assist patients in obtaining ACA Marketplace Insurance. The Benefit Advocate will also assist patients in resolving any case issues with the Marketplace and Insurance Companies if they arise. Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. This position may require occasional weekends and holidays as needed. Although this position is remote, candidate must live in Florida. MUST BE BILINGUAL WITH SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
Please note that as we are vendors to several hospital systems. This position requires that you have the COVID vaccination completed, or the first dose already administered prior to your start date. If you choose not to vaccinate, you are required to provide a fully executed medical or religious exemption form upon your first day of employment. Upon approval of that exemption, you would be required to submit to weekly COVID testing. Be aware, that this policy could change at any time.
- Submit Marketplace applications, assist in obtaining insurance plans, secure required/pending documents, and HFS documents for signatures.
- Perform bedside screenings.
- Follow up on all assigned self-pay accounts (7-day, 14-day or 30-day follow-up depending on type of account – including delinquent accounts).
- Call self-pay patients and screen for Special Enrollment Period (SEP) to qualify for Marketplace insurance and during open enrollment.
- Answer all emails and phone messages as soon as possible but within 24 hours.
- Enter all information into HealthFund and Hospital databases.
- Stay current on all new policies and procedures.
- Participate in any required meetings and webinars.
- Provide any required reporting/invoicing data.
- Outbound calls
- Navigate hospital systems for patient contact info
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Knowledge in policy and procedures for ACA Marketplace Insurance preferred.
- Understanding of copay, co-insurance, and deductibles with commercial insurance preferred.
- Understanding qualifications of Medicaid and Disability preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Administrative and clerical procedures.
- Computer savvy
- Ability to use multiple screens at once
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Microsoft Teams experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Conflict resolution techniques.
- Attention to details.
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or Electronic Health Record (EHR) software experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job
- Ability to sit for long periods of time entering data into the computer.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to concentrate and stay on task for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma required.
- College Degree or some college preferred.
- One to two years of related experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Required to wear mask, continuously sanitizing work areas
- We are in the medical industry, will you be open to getting the COVID vaccination or providing an approved exemption in order to submit weekly negative COVID results?
- How many years of experience do you have with the ACA Market Place Exchange?
- How many years of health insurance verification experience do you have?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical office / Hospital: 2 years (Preferred)
- Call center: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Click Here To Apply