eliseo is a non-profit Senior Living Community located in Tacoma, WA. Our twenty eight acre campus includes a Skilled Nursing Facility, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living Homes. We are dedicated to engaging the lives of our residents through active living, compassion and dignity and have been serving the Tacoma community for over 80 years. As one of the largest non-profit employers in Pierce County, we strive to enrich the lives of our residents through selfless service.
Position Title: Unit Secretary
Job Type: On-Call
Position Summary: The Unit Secretary assists the nursing staff on a designated unit with record maintenance, communication, and clerical activities.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Previous CNA or Medical Records experience preferred.
- Accepts assigned resident status reports at beginning of shifts and gives reports at end of shift and as appropriate.
- Compiles and records medical charts, reports, and correspondence for newly admitted residents.
- Answers telephone, greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Makes appointments for residents’, prepares appropriate paperwork, arranges transportation, finds escorts as needed and reminds staff accordingly.
- Completes resident related shuttle applications as needed for resident’s transportation and updates electronic record with necessary Information.
- Assists with transportation of residents to appointments.
- Maintains a current roster of residents on unit.
- Keeps current listing of emergency and commonly used telephone numbers.
- Places documentation in the appropriate resident charts according to established chart order.
- Thins resident’s charts according to care conference schedule.
- Forwards closed/completed charts to the medical records department.
- Organizes nursing station files, desk area and maintains orderliness of unit.
- Assists in record keeping as assigned.
- Reviews daily scheduling needs with Nursing Office Staffing Coordinator.
- Prepares, updates and maintains daily staffing plan for monthly schedules.
- Prepares and monitors overtime lists and assists staffing coordinator in filling staff vacancies on a day-to-day basis with eliseo staff and occasional agency staff, as needed.
Pay is decided upon employment, and is based upon years of experience.
Ranges between $17-$20 an hour.
If eliseo feels like a good fit for you, apply today!
Upon acceptance of an offer, candidates must be able to pass a 4-panel drug screen and background check and reference check prior to starting work with eliseo.
eliseo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. eliseo participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.77 – $20.79 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Due to the state mandate, all new hires must be fully vaccinated upon hire and be required to show proof of vaccination.
- What is your schedule availability?
- CNA or Medical records: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply