Summary Cares for patients in the hospital setting under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients’ needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses patients.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
- Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
- Drapes patients for examinations and treatments, and remains with patients to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Turns and repositions bedfast patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Cleans, stores, prepares, and issues dressing packs, treatment trays, and other supplies.
- Cleans patients’ rooms.
- Specimen collection under appropriate precautions.
- Stocks linen and supplies each shift.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission based precaution procedures.
- Address identified hazards in the physical environment of the patient room to avoid fall and prevent falls.
- Uses appropriate hand hygiene and standard precautions.
Education and/or Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent Education
- Employee must complete initial competency and continue ongoing and training compentencies as defined by service line, facility, and department which are specific to the needs of the patient population served.
- Preferred: Previous PCT, PCA, Nurse Aide, orderly experience in a healthcare setting OR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Completion of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) training program AND certification with the
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services on hire.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR Must obtain within 60 days of hire.
The Patient Care Technician assists in patient care throughout nursing areas, and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
Click Here To Apply