All new employees must obtain primary Covid-19 vaccination (single dose J&J or 2 dosages of Pfizer/Moderna) prior to start date.
Want to work in a career that allows you to be a part of saving lives?
What you can expect in this position:
- This position requires the first 60 days of employment to be on-site at our Grand Rapids, Michigan Versiti Blood Center. After those 60 days on-site the position may become Hybrid/Remote.
The Call Center Representative is responsible for recruiting donors to our Fixed site locations by creating an exceptional donor experience through assigned outbound call activity. The Call Center Representative is accountable for individual metrics as well as the whole blood goals determined for each location.
What you will do:
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Demonstrates our core values:
- Do Right Always
- Find a Better Way
- Strengthen the Team
- Make Results Happen
· Responsible primarily for outbound whole blood calls as assigned to recruit current donors to schedule and show for appointment. A smaller percentage of calls are inbound.
· Assertively schedules blood donors to fill available appointment slots at fixed site or alternate location if fixed site not feasible for donor.
· Achieves daily calling and appointment goals.
· Verifies and updates computer records to reflect appointments and current donor information.
· Provides educational information to donors and potential donors
· Respond to and document donor eligibility questions and other questions or concerns according to department procedures.
· Relays donor questions or concerns to the appropriate Blood Center staff.
· Responsible for accurately entering call results and updating other pertinent information in the donor records according to standards and procedures.
· Provides excellent customer service to donors and other members of the community.
· Addresses customer service questions and concerns with consideration for donor recruitment and retention, risk management, regulatory compliance and public relations, by responding directly to these situations or forwarding them to your supervisor
· Perform various projects as directed
What’s in it for you?
- Insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
What you will need:
High School Diploma or equivalent desired
Call center experience highly desirable
Customer Service or Administrative Assistant experience preferred
LANGUAGE, COMMUNICATION, AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Capacity to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Demonstrates capability to speak effectively and articulately with donors, volunteers and employees of the organization utilizing instructive or persuasive skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
· Exhibits capability to do basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
· Applies and demonstrates common sense to carry out simple instructions.
· Proven capability to deal with standardized situations.
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent communication and customer service skills required
· Exceptional skill in educating, inspiring and enhancing loyalty of Versiti blood donors
· Proven persuasion skills with the ability to handle objections or indifference
· Computer proficiency and ability to learn job-specific computer applications
· Accurate data entry skills, attention to detail and capacity to multi-task
· Ability to problem solve by providing common sense solutions
· Demonstrates integrity to comply with SOP’s and confidential information
· Exhibits strong initiative, self direction, and ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Moderate to high level of experience with Social Media platforms, texting and emailing a plus
The hiring process will consist of a phone and in-person interview, background checks and drug test screening. Please apply if you are willing to participate in this process.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The description of this position reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive or in any way construed as an employment contract. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons solely at management’s discretion
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply