Florida MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and medically complex needs.
Director of Nursing
Bring your passion and Nursing leadership to our growing, mission-driven organization. Come join our amazing team, working within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges!
- Lead the nursing team to improve and sustain the superior performance of the facility
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary
Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care
Available 24/7 by phone, unless another qualified Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available
Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care
Travel throughout the area required
Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports
Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all company policies and procedures
Supervise the Case Management department to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning Interdisciplinary team conferences
Hire, train, evaluate nursing staff; provide corrective action and terminate staff as necessary
Initiate and manage emergency procedures
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by this state
- Preferably three (3) years’ experience working with medically complex individuals
- Preferably one (1) year experience in a leadership/management role
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents
- A reliable, responsible attitude and a compassionate approach
- A commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Click Here To Apply