The position is for a flexible part time Medical Assistant in a busy 1 physician family practice.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Saves ophthalmologist’s time by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, tear duct probes.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the ophthalmogy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Huntsville, AL 35801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- EMR systems: 5 years (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 5 years (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply