Propel America seeks to contract with a skilled medical assistant who has experience teaching clinical skills to others. Experienced and confident in the full range of clinical skills covered in our labs. Enthusiastic and relational – someone who would be willing to facilitate icebreakers, role play patient scenarios, and get to
know our students.
Propel America (Propel), a non-profit organization that recruits young people and supports them in beginning their careers in the healthcare sector, and Accelerate U, an initiative within National Louis University that offers tuition-free training in healthcare professions, partner to offer a Medical Assistant fellowship that begins in June 2022. This fellowship consists of weekly success coaching, 16 weeks of medical assistant training, 5 skills labs, a 160-hour clinical externship, and job placement support.
Skills labs are a critical component of the Medical Assistant fellowship, as they give fellows the opportunity to develop essential medical assisting skills in a real-world setting prior to beginning their clinical externships. This scope of this project is all work associated with training in skills lab content and instructional methods, preparing to deliver skills labs, and holding skills labs
from July-October 2022.
Support fellows in developing medical assisting skills by preparing for and delivering
high-quality skills lab instruction during the summer 2022 medical assistant fellowship.
- Attend a prep session with Accelerate U prior to each skills lab to learn skills lab content and instructional methods (for a total of 5 prep sessions over the course of the program)
- Coordinate with Propel and Accelerate U to ensure that supplies are delivered to skills lab location and available for instruction
- Autonomously prepare for and deliver five skills labs over the course of the summer 2022 medical assistant fellowship held from July-October 2022
Scope of Work: Summer 2022 Medical Assistant Pathway Skills Lab Instructor – 1
- Guide fellows in developing medical assisting skills through instruction, in-person
coaching, and feedback throughout the five skills labs
- Modify skills lab plans as needed to address student needs
- Assess fellows’ skill level and offer feedback for continuous improvement
- Prepare for and deliver skills lab #1 on Saturday, July 30, 2022 (Communication)
- Prepare for and deliver skills lab #2 on Saturday, August 20, 2022 (Vital Signs)
- Prepare for and deliver skills lab #3 on Saturday, September 24, 2022 (EKG + Vital Signs)
- Prepare for and deliver skills lab #4 on Saturday, October 15, 2022 (Phlebotomy)
- Prepare for and deliver skills lab #5 on Saturday, October 29, 2022 (All Skills)
Measures of Success: In the end of the cohort survey, 80% or more of fellows agree/strongly agree that they were satisfied with their skills lab instruction.
Compensation for this project will be $35/hour, including time spent on prep sessions, autonomous preparation, and skills lab instruction.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $35.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newark, NJ 07112: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply