Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Healthcare Tech (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing manager.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
- Completion of CNA coursework within past 24 months OR Worked as a CNA within past 24 months OR Completion of 1st semester of RN education program within past 24 months OR Documented military training within past 24 months
- Continuing education requirements for this position will include one (1) hour of content that is assigned by the organization to comply with DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification requirements. This content will only apply to those directly assigned to the total joint replacement patients. This requirement is subject to change pending updates to DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification standards.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Obtaining and documenting vital signs, intake/output and blood glucoses for monitoring
- Bathing patients with both bath wipes and CHG cloths
- Proper body mechanics for transfers and ambulating ortho patients using walkers, lift machines, crutches, canes and/or platform walkers
- Continuous passive motion machine operation for total knee replacement patients
- Hourly rounding on patients and assist with activities of daily living
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. | For more information: [email protected]
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption, healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative COVID-19 test.
Click Here To Apply