Conlin’s Pharmacy and Home Medical Equipment is currently seeking to hire a Billing Representative for pharmacy, medical equipment and supplies accounts receivable.
- High school diploma or equivalent; related college degree preferred.
- Two years experience in accounts receivable or billing in a medical setting, preferably in medical supplies.
- Excellent communication, organizational and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and strong understanding of third-party payors and coverage guidelines. (preferably of medical supplies)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Some experience with DocuTrack
- Must be willing to work in Drug Free environment and pass Drug Screening Test.
- Daily review and confirmation of processed orders.
- Prepares and compiles all supporting medical documentation required for claim submission.
- Ensures effective billing procedures through quality assurance of billing documentation.
- Prepares claims and invoices to be submitted to third party payors and responsible parties.
- Initiates and maintains all follow-up procedures on unpaid claims and denials.
- Applies and posts cash receipts to outstanding balances.
- Makes weekly collection calls to customers on private-pay balances.
- Provides back-up operator telephone coverage when needed.
- Compiles data for monthly reporting as required by management.
- Provides assistance in gathering carrier allowable via insurance fee schedules.
- Attends seminars, reviews industry literature and communicates with third party payors to maintain knowledge of reimbursement issues.
- Communicates reimbursement information and coverage criteria to appropriate personnel within the organization.
- Develop and utilize information systems to their fullest potential.
- Communicate information systems changes, updates and enhancements to appropriate personnel in the organization.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Billing Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- ICD-10: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply