Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an Assessment Clinician in outpatient and community wraparound programs at Behavioral Health Network!
Assessment Clinicians help individuals and families referred to BHN’s ambulatory services by providing high-quality level of care determinations and comprehensive behavioral health assessments using evidence-based clinical tools and sound clinical judgment. Clinicians also provide risk/crisis evaluations and take the appropriate actions to keep individuals and others safe.
Assessment Clinicians also provide evaluations, assessments, or urgent visits in other departments (crisis, CBHI, outpatient) as needed to fulfill weekly assessment hour requirements, and they submit related documentation such as progress notes, assessments, and referral documents in a timely and accurate manner. Assessment Clinicians maintain a schedule of available assessment slots and participate in regular team meetings. Finally, Assessment Clinicians follow ethical guidelines in all situations as outlined by licensure boards, and maintain confidentiality under HIPAA and 42 CFR part 2 regulations.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy – all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various health areas at the same time
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits packages
Assessment Clinicians at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Master’s degree in a license eligible field behavioral health field (required).
- Have or be actively working towards having a behavioral health license (required).
- Experience and/or training working with individuals with co-occurring mental health and Substance Use Disorders (SUD).
- Knowledge of mental illness and treatment techniques, including adults with severe and persistent mental health needs or children with serious emotional disturbance (required).
- Familiarity with internet, word processing and email systems (required).
- Bilingual in Spanish & English (preferred).
- Cultural competence in working with individuals served in a variety of different cultural backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of community resources and how to help clients access them.
- Experience and/or training working with children and families with behavioral health needs through the Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI) lens.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
BHN maintains its commitment to social justice and diversity and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply
Recruiter Contact Information:
Click Here To Apply