Are you looking for whole-hearted work with a strong focus on kindness and compassion? Do you want to work with a team who cares about you and your success? Have you always dreamed of working closely with animals?
Mt. Hood Pet Medical is a fast-paced 8-doctor practice focused on providing exemplary health care to the furry family members of our community. We are looking for the right veterinary assistant or technician to join our team. The right candidate must have a compassion for pets and for the families that care for them. We work together to create an environment that makes people feel special as soon as they walk through the door.
We all work together as a team so you must be capable of creating positive interactions with fellow team members and clients under all circumstances. Prior veterinary experience is highly recommended but not required. We provide fair compensation (will depend on experience) and an excellent benefits package.
The full time position is comprised of a four-day workweek with every Sunday off. The position will average approximately 36 hours weekly. Saturdays are required for both full and part time positions.
Veterinary Assistant Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver exceptional service to clients and patients
- Assist Veterinarians and other support staff in caring for and treating pets
- Admit patients, take vitals and thorough medical history
- Client education on preventative care and doctor’s recommendations
- Thorough medical chart documentation using Avimark software
- Safe animal restraint, keeping low stress in mind
- Assist in sample collection such as blood, urine and feces
- Administer medications and treatments like nail trims, expressing anal glands, ear cleaning, etc.
- Discharging patients and invoicing clients
- Keeping exam rooms clean and well stocked throughout the day
- Keeping treatment area and kennels clean, including hospital laundry
- Answering phone lines and scheduling appointments
- Assist and take radiographs (certification required)
- Monitor anesthesia, surgical prep, perform dental cleanings and full mouth dental x-rays
If you feel that you would be a good fit for our team, we look forward to reading your emailed cover letter and resume.
Thank you for your interest!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What does responsible pet ownership mean to you?
- What is your desired salary?
- In addition to your love for animals, why would you want to work for Mt. Hood Pet Medical?
- Describe your ideal work day.
- Veterinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply