At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island’s Top Workplace.
The Surgical Care Unit at St. Joseph Hospital is a 28 bed unit that provides care to our post- op joint replacements as well as our general surgery patient population.
Our Surgical Care Unit RN will:
- Assess, monitor, administer medication, document progress, and overall management of care for the Medical-Surgical patient population
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, Registered Nurses (RNs), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support, and education.
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for Medical-Surgical Nursing
- 1+ Years of RN experience working in Med-Surg or Telemetry highly preferred
- New Graduate Registered Nurses are welcome
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree strongly preferred
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
St. Joseph Hospital is a community hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, critical care and surgical services. St. Joseph Hospital is proud to hold The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, signifying full accreditation by the nation’s predominant standards-setting body in health care. Amongst many quality achievements, St. Joseph is also recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for GOLD quality achievements for both Stroke and AFIB. In fact, St. Joseph is the first hospital on Long Island to earn the AFIB GOLD Quality Achievement Award.
Click Here To Apply