The Recreation and Education Assistant (REA) is primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, and supervision of leisure and recreational activities for children and adolescents in a residential psychiatric treatment setting. Services provided by the Recreation and Education Assistant must encourage healthier living, enrichment, personal growth, and self-awareness. In addition, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with schools, parents, AK Child & Family staff, and community members to meet the educational needs of children and/or adolescents
- Facilitating school enrollment and placement
- Interacting with/supervision of children and/or adolescents who are placed in residential treatment units and have severe emotional and behavioral problems.
- Adhering to standards and regulations as set forth by the Agency, OCS Licensing, The Joint Commission, and Medicaid.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with AK Child & Family policies, the AK Child & Family Mission, Core Values and AK Child & Family Philosophy of Care.
- Assuming additional duties as assigned.
- All positions at AK Child & Family may have responsibilities altered during the course of employment due to agency imperatives.
“AK Child & Family practices the Sanctuary Model which is a non-hierarchical, highly participatory, trauma-informed and evidence-supported whole culture approach, which helps the organization function in a safe, democratic and socially responsible manner and thereby provide effective treatment for clients and the community. We expect all of our employees, families and students to learn, understand and implement this model as part of their daily responsibilities and commitment to the culture of this agency.”
All employees with AK Child & Family are required to be in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid COVID vaccine mandate. The mandate requires that by 2/14/22, staff at all health care facilities must have received their first dose of a 2-shot series (Moderna or Pfizer, currently) or a single dose of a 1-shot vaccine (Johnson and Johnson, currently) with the exception of those that have sought and been granted an exemption to the COVID mandate. Staff must complete this step before they can provide any care, treatment or other services for the facility and/or its patients. By 3/15/22, all staff with the exception of those that have sought and been granted an exemption to the COVID mandate, must complete the primary vaccination series.
Benefits for Full-Time employees
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, & Vision – with HRA!
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Group Life and AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 13 hours/month in 1st year and then increases
- 2 Floating Holidays/year
- 6 Observed Holidays: double-time pay for working on the Holiday
- Bonuses: Longevity & Referral
- Educational Support Program
- $15.00/hour+ DOE & Education
- Variances are available based on approval.
- 3% pay increase after successful completion of 6-month Intro Period.
- Annual raises are based on the annual budget and not guaranteed each year.
Benefits for Part-Time and Relief positions are available! For more information on benefits contact Recruiting at
Click Here To Apply