Role and Responsibilities
Below are the essential roles, responsibilities and activities expected of an individual in this position. These duties are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and may have additional duties assigned as necessary.
- Coordinates with internal and external providers in arranging testing for ordered procedures/tests.
- Works with patient to identify available times to schedule procedures, answers questions related to the required testing, and ensures correct insurance information is on file for patient.
- Schedules, coordinates, and reschedules patients’ appointments accurately and relays necessary messages to clinical staff.
- Maintains, updates, and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information ensuring accurate and timely information is available in the patient record.
- Responds to and refers incoming phone calls as needed. Educates and instructs patient and family regarding medications, treatment instructions, and pre- and post-procedure protocols.
- Manages/optimizes MRI schedule.
- Assist in screening patients for MRIs.
- Places a high priority on and maintains strict confidentiality in all situations.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains applicable professional affiliations and certifications as required.
- Attends and participates in required organizational meetings and committees as requested.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum of high school diploma required. At least one year of previous administrative or secretarial experience is required. Knowledge of medical terminology, and experience with processing insurance preferred. Previous experience working in a medical office setting preferred.
Technical Competency Requirements
Knowledge of clinical office practice and standards of patient care. Advanced skills in understanding and applying insurance principles and superior ability in understanding and communicating with insurance companies. Excellent ability to develop and maintain department quality control standards. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines related to the ordering and scheduling of procedures and communicating with various insurance companies related to the required procedure and precertification requirements. Ability to perform data entry/typing quickly and accurately required. Experience and knowledge of NextGen electronic practice management and electronic health records system preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard work environment is an office setting. Involves frequent contact with patients, other medical staff, and insurance companies. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Requires ability to work quickly under high stress with staff, physicians, and patients who may be irritable or confused. Work requires frequent sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time. Requires some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity necessary for the operation of basic office equipment, such as computer terminal and telephone. Position requires viewing and typing on a computer for long periods. Vision must be correctable to 20/20. Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts and to interact directly with patients.
This is a part-time position, 24-28 hours per week.
The Procedure Scheduling Specialist will schedule ordered procedures for patients and post procedural appointments. This position also assists in the scheduling of Physical Therapy appointments. This individual will ensure patients are scheduled and educated on procedure requirements.
Click Here To Apply