*** Relocation Package : FULL
Sign-on Bonus Relocation increase to $20,000
The Emergency Director will provide administrative oversight and direction for the department at Valley View Medical Center.
This director will provide accountability for planning, directing, leading and evaluating nursing care
within the department. Consults with Chief Nursing Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
Promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization
Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization. Oversees the daily workflow, staffing, orientation, training and development of employees within the department.
Responsible for the ongoing quality/performance improvement processes related to the Emergency Department
Facilitates ED staff meetings and participates in other committees, task forces as assigned.
Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care for all ED patients
Supports and interprets policies, procedures, philosophy and objectives of the hospital
Monitors customer satisfaction scores and implements plans to improve patient satisfaction
Monitor patient volumes, quality of care, and performance of staff to identify areas for improvement
Responsible for investigating patient, physician and staff complaints and concerns and works to resolve them
Complete annual performance evaluation for self and employees and implement plans of correction when needed
Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members
Maintain required competencies for self and all employees within the department
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- Certifications: ACLS required upon hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Arizona Registered Nurse and/or Compact State Registered Nurse Required
- TNCC Certification preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years in ED middle or upper management
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- DO YOU BACHELOR’S DEGREE REQUIRED ? PLEASE COMMENT
- DO YOU HAVE CERTIFICATIONS: ACLS REQUIRED UPON HIRE ? PLEASE SPECIFY
- DO YOU HAVE PEDIATRIC ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT (PALS) ? PLEASE COMMENT
- ARE YOU ARIZONA REGISTERED NURSE AND/OR COMPACT STATE REGISTERED NURSE REQUIRED ? PLEASE COMMENT
- PLEASE SHARE US YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND YOUR ZIP CODE.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU WOULD LIKE THE EMPLOYER TO KNOW ?
Work Location: Multiple Locations