Be part of a supportive and stable community…
Brethren Village Retirement Community, in Lititz, PA, is hiring caring and dependable Certified Nurse Aides (CNA’s). Individuals who are currently enrolled in a Certified Nurse Aide training program are welcome to apply, as well as more experienced CNA’s.
CNA positions are great for those thinking about, or pursuing, a nursing or other healthcare career, as well as for those who need flexibility with their work schedule.
Brethren Village offers a variety of work schedules to meet your needs; low Resident to CNA ratios; clean, well-run facilities; opportunities in both our 120-bed Skilled Nursing Facility and in our 20-bed Short Term Rehabilitation Center.
Why Join the Brethren Village Community?
- Newly-hired CNA’s* are eligible for a $3,000 bonus, *paid after successful completion of 3 months of full-time or part-time employment.
- Brethren Village provides competitive starting rates of pay: $18.00 per hour, with higher rates for those with work experience as a CNA.
- Brethren Village is offering $25.00 per hour to CNA’s who work flexible, PRN schedules (scheduled as-needed).
- Brethren Village offers generous shift differentials to full-time, part-time, and PRN staff: $3.00 extra per hour on the evening shift; $2.00 extra per hour on the night shift; $1.00 extra per hour for weekends.
- Brethren Village offers a 50% premium for weekend work hours, for those who work 48 weekends per year ($27.00 weekend rate).
- Brethren Village maintains a relatively low ratio of Residents per CNA, so that our CNA’s can provide the highest-quality care.
- Brethren Village offers a variety of full-time and part-time work schedules to meet your needs.
- Brethren Village offers comprehensive health and prescription drug coverage for as low as $27.00 every two weeks.
- Brethren Village consistently follows sound infection control protocols, for the safety of our Residents and our Team Members.
- Brethren Village provides thorough on-the-job training; on-going professional development opportunities; the opportunity to apply for positions throughout our facilities for your career growth.
- Brethren Village’s facilities are clean and well-maintained.
- Brethren Village reimburses newly-certified CNA’s for their Nurse Aide training costs, once they have completed 260 work hours as a CNA.
CNA’s at Brethren Village make a positive difference in the lives of our Residents by providing exceptional care in a supportive manner. Working cooperatively with nursing staff, CNA’s assist each Resident – based on his/her needs, care plan, and preferences – with dressing, grooming, hygiene, and bathroom tasks; assist in transferring Residents as needed, such as from a bed to a chair; respond to requests from Residents in a helpful and timely manner; support nursing staff in observing changes in health status.
Typical Work Schedules:
- Full-time: 8 and 12-hour schedules are typically available on all shifts; work days will vary a bit from week to week and typically include every other weekend and holiday
- Part-time: flexible part-time schedules are available on all shifts, including some weekend positions with a 50% pay premium (minimum rate of $27.00 for weekend work hours, for CNA’s who work 48 weekends per year)
- PRN: flexible PRN schedules
- full vaccination against COVID-19 is required, before employment may begin
- a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- dependability: ability and willingness to meet attendance standards
- basic computer skills: the ability to access and navigate web sites, and use applications and databases independently
- the ability to read and to complete online training independently
- ability and willingness to consistently work in a safe and alert manner, and to report to work fit for duty; commitment to wearing protective equipment as required for the position and adhering to all health and safety standards
- the ability and willingness to interact in a professional and friendly manner with colleagues
- the ability and willingness to provide exceptional care and service to our older adult Residents
- ability and willingness to represent Brethren Village and carry out responsibilities in a manner aligned with our core values of caring, integrity, stewardship, and excellence
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- a valid PA Nursing Assistant / Nurse Aide Certification (CNA) – students currently enrolled in a Nurse Aide training program are welcome to apply, and may be employed as a CNA once certified
- current CPR and First Aid certifications (classes are available onsite)
- the ability and willingness to assist Residents with activities of daily living, including eating, dressing, bathing, and bathroom tasks; willingness to provide effective care to Residents with dementia or who are exhibiting challenging behaviors
- the ability to safely transfer Residents, properly using mechanical lifts when necessary; safely push adult Residents in wheel chairs; reach, bend, stand, and walk frequently during the shift
- the ability to quickly and safely assist Residents during emergency evacuations and other emergency situations
- the ability to perform all work in an accurate, thorough, and safe manner
- an understanding of HIPAA privacy regulations
- ability and willingness to work every other weekend and holiday
For the health and safety of all members of our community, Brethren Village maintains a drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco / smoke-free work environment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a professional reference check; verification of education and credentials as applicable to the position; a criminal background verification; and a post-offer physical exam, drug screen, and required vaccinations.
At Brethren Village Retirement Community, our Team Members provide the highest-quality care and exceptional hospitality to our Residents. If you would like to make a positive difference each day, apply with us!
Brethren Village offers a wide variety of full-time and part-time employment opportunities. Brethren Village Team Members work in our Skilled Nursing Facility and Rehabilitation Center; our Personal Care and Memory Support areas; our fine and casual Dining areas; and in the many departments that provide services to our Residents and maintain our facilities and grounds.
At Brethren Village, our Team Members Enjoy:
- work with a purpose; you will have the ability to make a positive difference each day in the lives of our Residents
- stable employment; Brethren Village has been in operation for over 125 years
- a wide-variety of positions and work schedules to meet your needs
- thorough, paid on-the-job training, and on-going professional development opportunities
- the ability to apply for positions throughout our facilities, for your career growth
- competitive wages
- free use of onsite fitness facilities and our indoor pool
- the convenience of onsite dining venues and take-out meals, with discounts for Team Members
- generous paid time-off benefits for eligible Team Members
- health, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance coverage; free, confidential counseling services for Team Members and their family members; a retirement savings plan with employer-funded contributions for eligible Team Members
- an onsite child care center with discounted fees for Team Members
- clean, safe, and well-managed facilities
- a beautiful campus setting located in vibrant Lititz, PA
Brethren Village is proud to have a diverse, inclusive community where all Residents and Team Members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Brethren Village does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, gender-identity, sex, sexual orientation, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or use of a service animal, genetic information, pregnancy, family, or marital status.
Location: 3001 LITITZ PIKE, Lititz, PA 17543
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
Click Here To Apply