SUMMARY: This position serves as a release of information clerk to review, complete and secure medical information requests and files.
Mandatory knowledge and skills.
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 40 WPM is required.
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare written correspondence, forms or reports.
- Standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, excellent communications and customer service skills and basic medical terminology.
- Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Drug Abuse Offense and Treatment Act, and Comprehensive Alcohol Abuse amendments.
UNIQUE MILITARY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS/PROCEDURES:
- Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA)
- Composite Health Care systems (CHCS)
- Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- File records by SSN, according to the terminal digit, color-coded and blocked filing system. Divide files into 100 equal sections. Establish a minimum of file guides bearing the 100 primary numbers, ?00? through ?99?.
- Processes release of information requests in accordance policy and directives. Maintains logs as required.
- Locates and extracts pertinent information from medical files. Locates materials based upon written request for medical information and reports findings to requestors of information.
- Advises patients and agencies such as insurance companies, social services, and medical activities on policies associated with releasing medical information.
- Uses computer software and pritning equipment effectively to prepare/develop required documents.
- Prepares documents/packages for pick-up or mailing in accordance with standard protocols and requirements.
Click Here To Apply