Performs waived and moderately complex lab testing; performs technical support duties; performs pre-analytical processing of specimens, registers, accessions, labels and distributes specimens and performs clerical support duties
At UC Health, we’re proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpose: to advance healing and reduce suffering.
As the region’s adult academic health system, we strive for innovation and provide world-class care for not only our community, but patients from all over the world. Join our team and you’ll be able to develop your skills, grow your career, build relationships with your peers and patients, and help us be a source of hope for our friends and neighbors.
UC Health is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of employment.
The Associate Technologist Performs waived and moderately complex lab testing; performs technical support duties; performs pre-analytical processing of specimens, registers, accessions, labels and distributes specimens and performs clerical support duties.
- Performs waived and moderately complex testing as defined by CLIA. Performs and reports testing and quality control according to established protocols, including evaluation of specimen acceptability. Handles
- Operates, maintains, and repairs clinical laboratory equipment within the scope of training including routine preventive maintenance, calibrations, and safety checks. Keeps appropriate persons informed of instrument problems and resolutions.
- Competently registers, enters insurance information, accessions, triages and processes specimens in preparation for testing and transit. Follows established guidelines for centrifugation and aliquoting of samples. Uses computer programs to track specimen transport and minimize lost specimens. – 15%
- Performs and records all quality control procedures. Evaluates the results of quality control and implements corrective action within scope of training. Recognizes instrument and equipment malfunctions. Keeps appropriate persons informed of problems and issues.
- Provides laboratory customer service to include request for add-ons, specimen collection information, phlebotomy requests, result inquiry, etc.
- Completes all mandatory competencies and training modules; performs regular review and compliance with all department and hospital policies and procedures; participates in continuing education opportunities .
Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Associate’s Degree | RHIT and CSTR preferred
Years of Experience: 1 – 2 Years equivalent experience.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Knowledge of specimen requirements preferred; prefer familiarity with laboratory terminology, laboratory assay schedules and expected turnaround times; ability to read and comprehend written information required; keyboarding skills preferred; ability to effectively and efficiently perform a variety of job duties in a stressful, fast paced environment is required.
Minimum Required: High School Diploma/GED; Associate’s Degree preferred
Click Here To Apply