Be part of the Saint Therese difference! We are seeking a Staff Development Director/Nurse Educator to serve seniors with compassionate, supportive care at one of Minnesota’s leading nonprofit senior housing and service providers.
The Saint Therese Difference
For over 50 years, the Saint Therese philosophy of care has been guided by the spirit of hospitality and our commitment to deliver the very best in person-centered care. This philosophy extends to our employees, our most important asset. With excellent benefits, ongoing education and career opportunities, Saint Therese is an exceptional place to work and grow.
- Opportunities for advancement -Grow a life-long career with Saint Therese!
- Comprehensive benefits for staff scheduled 60+ hours/pay period
- Generous paid time off plan
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Scholarships & Tuition Reimbursement (Renewable $4000 nursing education scholarships available)(Up to $1000 annual reimbursement toward education and training related to the Long-Term Care field)
Saint Therese offers a continuum of care and services available in a person’s own home or in one of our five Twin Cities communities: New Hope, Brooklyn Park, Shoreview, Robbinsdale and Woodbury.
For 15 years, Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake has ensured seniors have every opportunity to enjoy a rewarding lifestyle. With 142 independent living, assisted living, memory care apartments and 64 long-term and transitional care suites, our Brooklyn Park campus is a vibrant, established community where it’s easy to establish positive connections.
Responsible for the planning, implementation, direction and evaluation of the facility’s educational and training programs for all nursing employees under the direction and supervision of the Vice President of Clinical Reimbursement and Operations. The Director of Nurse Staff Development and Education coordinates on-going nursing staff education to ensure that the nurse staff is adequately trained. This position will prepare, organize, and maintain appropriate nursing training and resource materials. Develop new nursing training programs or modify and improve existing programs. The Director of Staff Development teaches and keep records on infection control procedures to meet State and Federal guidelines as well as training needed for annual requirements, errors or compliance purposes. The Director of Staff Development may monitor and observe nursing staff performing resident care tasks to assure proper procedures are followed scheduling additional training as deemed necessary. The Director of Staff Development conducts orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for nursing staff new hires.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. Current Minnesota Board of Nursing licensure as RN or LPN
Experience: Minimum of two years Staff Development experience. Minimum two years geriatric experience required. Certification as American Heart Association CPR Instructor preferred. Computer proficiency with Microsoft products
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to convey Staff Development and geriatric knowledge to employees in classroom setting and at in-services.
- Demonstrates good people skills with the ability to work smoothly with all job levels, all types of personalities and with all facility departments.
- Demonstrates good listening skills and effective communication skills, verbally and in writing, to employees with many levels of expertise.
- Is neatly dressed and is appropriate in appearance in highly visible position.
- Ability to be flexible and maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and ability to work as a supportive team member with all departments, in committee meetings and with employees.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work using effective time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate events and publish education information.
- Ability to organize, monitors, record, file and maintain records.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of computer and software programs.
- Ability to present ideas creatively to announce and promote in-services, special projects and demonstrations.
- Ability to problem-solve in clinical nursing areas.
Saint Therese complies with the CMS mandate by requiring our team members be vaccinated against COVID-19. We’re protecting those most vulnerable from the devastating outcomes of this virus. Successful candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when starting employment or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, Disabled.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- educator/training: 2 years (Required)
- long term care: 2 years (Required)
- RN or LPN license in Minnesota (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply