Requisition #: 228852
Title: Therapist, Respiratory II
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Posting Date: 7/1/2022
Shift: Shift 1 (Days)
Hours: 36 Hours
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center, University Campus
$$$10,000 Sign On Bonus! A talent acquisition caregiver will provide more details into the sign on bonus during the interview process.
Administers various forms of respiratory modalities in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Respiratory Care Department.
- Sets up and monitors equipment for ventilatory support.
- May set up and monitor pulse oximetry equipment for continuous measurement of oxygen saturation.
- Sets up and monitors mechanical ventilators during surgical procedures as required.
- May set up and monitor equipment for administering oxygen including various types of cannulas and masks.
- Provides respiratory support and cardiopulmonary resuscitation as required.
- Currently licensed in respiratory care by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Division of Professional Licensure.
- Current registration by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) – Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential effective January 2017 for new hires. All employees are expected to comply with the NBRC’s Continuing Competency program and are required to provide evidence that they are continuing to meet current standards of practice and have successfully renewed their national credentials issued by the NBRC.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent in Respiratory Care.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support or equivalent.
- Current certification in Neonatal Resuscitation – Memorial Campus
- Current or working towards Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Care or other health care related curriculum.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Current PALS certification–University Campus.
- Critical Care experience, technical and computer skills.
- Pediatric experience–University; NICU experience-Memorial.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Click Here To Apply