Why Choose Us?
Join an organization with
excellent teamwork and
leadership support. Provide patient care in a
safe environment and make a difference in someone’s life! Access
competitive pay, generous education and development support and an extensive benefits package.
You’ll be eligible for the following:
- On Demand Payment (Make any day pay day)
- Company-matched retirement plans
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Disability and Life coverage
- Nursing school loan repayment options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account
Armor Health we are raising the standard of care to impact the lives of those we serve by partnering with exceptional correctional organizations to improve health care outcomes. We provide support for patients and foster the holistic wellness and well-being of the lives entrusted in our care. Armor is laser-focused on providing the best-in-class interventions to ensure optimal outcomes. Through our core values of embracing change, taking ownership, attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and a results oriented collaborative environment, we are a dynamic team that is transforming and revolutionizing correctional healthcare.
Great outcomes start with great people and Armor has an exciting opportunity for a
Regional Behavioral Health Director to lead our clinical team regionally which consists of
CO, GA, ME, TX, UT sites.
- Manages, monitors and assesses all assigned behavioral health programs to ensure adherence to federal, state, correctional health care standards and institutional regulations and guidelines in the provision of health care services
- Deliver best in class behavioral health outcomes in each of the RBHD’s sites
- Supervises on-site program directors/supervisors. Provides overall program direction ensuring compliance with various state licensure standards
- Conducts regularly scheduled on-site evaluations of each facility’s mental health program and provides the CBHO a report card of each site with corrective action plans (CAPs) and status updates of CAPs as applicable.
- Provides direct mental health services to patients on a schedule set forth by the CBHO
- Embodies our core values of embracing change, taking ownership, engaging in deep collaboration, and delivering holistic results-oriented healthcare with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Collaborates with Operations and the CQI team in the monitoring of the Behavioral Health Quality Improvement and Risk Management Programs to ensure improved patient outcomes.
- Communicate circumstances of high-risk or potentially high-risk events to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised
- Communicate circumstances and events of operations to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised
- Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contribute to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts
- Achieve behavioral health outcome goals as defined by the CBHO
- Participates in the development of staffing recommendations, new business proposals, bidder conferences, oral presentations and contract negotiations as needed by the CBHO or Armor Leadership
- Establishes mechanism for peer review of behavioral health care staff
- Encourage, facilitate, and lead behavioral health training for health care staff including medical staff and providers as well as behavioral health staff and providers
- Provides clinical liaison between psychiatric providers and medical providers with behavioral health care staff as well as clinical professional supervision of behavioral health staff to ensure compliance with Armor Policy and Procedures as well professional standards
- Quality Improvement Program implementation as needed; this duty may include monthly meetings on relevant topics and quarterly documentation audits
- As delegated by the Chief Behavioral Health Officer, directly and administratively supervises the performance of administrative functions performed by behavioral health staff and supports final approval of hiring decisions, performance appraisals, credentialing, scheduling, training, employee development, disciplinary actions, and conflict mediation; consults on staff salary levels and work tasks to improve efficiency
- Works with Armor operational staff to ensure psychiatric coverage for all facilities in the contract
- Performs all the functions of Licensed Behavioral Health Professional when and/or as may be required by contract staffing, vacancies, and peak demands
- Participate in and support the offender health care program/contract leadership team as coordinated by the Chief Behavioral Health Officer
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times, while working within the detention correctional facility
- Perform additional duties as assigned including participation in marketing events to inform and secure new clients and take part in existing client special events as needed.
- Possession of a Doctorate in Psychology
- Licensure as a Clinical Psychologist
- Five years related correctional work or internship experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses or with individuals with similar human-services needs
- 3 years administrative and clinical management experience
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to pass pre-employment Level 2 clearance to include background check and drug screen
Armor Health focuses on offering comprehensive and robust Total Rewards package. Our offering contains education and development opportunities, competitive salaries, and an extensive benefit package. Some of our programs include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employer Paid Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Armor Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants. We comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment, including but not limited to those that prohibit discrimination based on color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, immigration status, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran’s status, and citizenship.
Click Here To Apply